Miss M | I should have chugged my champagne | Client Interview | Edmonton Boudoir
People come into your life for strange, strange reasons. In this case of Miss M, she came into my life during a bout of chronic bladder infections. Seriously, I had 3 UTIs one right after another. I did the standard antibiotic thing but it just wouldn't kick it and truthfully, I really hate taking antibiotics (symptoms and resistance anxiety...). By pure fate and a loving universe, Miss M arrived at her session and as it turns out, she's an herbalist and turned me on to my new bladder-BFF.
Friends, I would like to introduce you to d-mannose! D-mannose is a type of sugar that’s related to glucose. Basically, it attaches itself to the coli bacteria which causes 90% of UTIs. Once these bacteria enter the urinary tract, they latch on to cells, grow, and cause infection. Researchers think that D-mannose might work to treat or prevent a UTI by stopping these bacteria from latching on. Read more here. In any event, this shit works and you should consider it (see a doctor, obvs and don't take medical advice from boudoir photographers). Fun fact, I have a friend with legit bladder issues and she hasn't had any in the 5 months since she's been taking d-mannose.... coincidence? You (and your medical professional) decide!
1. How old are you... (or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)? I am 32
2. What do you do for a living? I am a Master Herbalist. I help people elevate their health and achieve balance with optimal nourishment through the use of plant medicine. 3. What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session? I wanted to give my husband a memorable first anniversary gift
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? Nahhh
5. Why did you choose me? I love how sensual and alluring your photos look, they grab your attention 6. Where did you find me? Instagram
7. How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)? It was fun! I was a little nervous at first, I should have chugged my champagne rather than sipped and had a little dance party in the change room to warm up haha or a few practice shots what were silly so I didn't feel so tense in the beginning
8. What was your favourite part of the entire experience? The hair, makeup, getting into sexy outfits and walking our of there with confidence
9. What is your advice for women interested in such a session? Take advantage of the opportunities to capture the angles that other people get to see of you. It's very empowering to see your body from a different perspective other than a mirror. 10. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session? I appreciated my curves, boobs and butt a LOT more seeing them from so many angles that I typically wouldn't otherwise. 11. What made you decide to book a session? I just wanted to commit and do this for me and have a keepsake for when I'm old and wrinkly haha
12. During the shoot, what kinds of thoughts were running through your mind? I was a bit nervous, I was thinking "I hope I don't look uptight or afraid/nervous"
13. What is your definition of success? Success is discovering something you are excited about and committing to the idea, following it through to the very end. Accomplishing something, even if it's nowhere near perfect = Success!