Miss L | While I am not perfect, I am beautiful! | Client Interview | Edmonton Boudoir Photographer
1. How old are you... (or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
33...Backstreet Boys mostly hahaha
2. What do you do for a living?
HR Business Partner
3. What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
My friend had a boudoir session done and she said it really helped with her self-esteem and body image. That is something I struggle with (as most women) and felt I am in the best shape I have ever been in so thought it was a good time to do it.
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
Just being awkward and not sexy enough.
5. Why did you choose me?
To be honest I had been following you on the socials for about a year thinking about going through with booking a boudoir session and I always really loved the photos you posted. After having the initial conversation with you, I had a great impression, You were very easy to talk to and I felt immediately comfortable.
6. Where did you find me?
Instagram I believe.
7. How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
It was less awkward then I had anticipated. You were very comforting and you knew what you were doing so it made it less stressful.
8. What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (makeover, the shoot, seeing images, etc.)
Tough call! I think its a tie between feeling really confident during the shoot being all done up and then seeing the photos! Getting to see how well they turned out and how amazing I looked was mind shifting.
9. What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
If you are awkward like me, make sure to have a few shots of alcohol first.. Joking!! I would say just trust in Katie and her knowledge. If you are doing something that doesn't look great in the photos, she will reposition you. Don't overthink it.
10. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
Definitely. It is crazy to see me in the photos versus in the mirror. Really helped me see that while I am not perfect, I am beautiful!
11. Is there anything else I could do to make this experience absolutely perfect?
Well this is probably just a me problem, but I am small so I am usually cold and when I get nervous I get even more cold lol, so a warmer space would have helped. Again, just a me problem probably!!!
12. What made you decide to book a session?
To be honest, I decided to finally pull the trigger because of your sale. I had just started thinking about booking and got the email about your sale and thought it was a sign.
13. During the shoot, what kinds of thoughts were running through your mind?
"I hope these turn out", "I hope I actually look sexy... I feel like I am not being sexy at all" , "Katie probably thinks I am super awkward", "wow some of these pictures might actually look really awesome", "I love the decor and the set up for the shoot!", "Katie is really creative using a kiddie pool for this wet session lol"