Client Interview - Miss A
Omg I don't even know where to start with this one! Miss A walked into the studio and it was like a breath of fresh air. Her poise, her grace, her liveness was unparalleled. I just can't say enough great things about her. I surprised her with a candlelight boudoir shoot and we just rolled with it turning out the amazing photos you will see below. But before that, let's hear what she had to say:
1. How old are you? 25
2. What do you do for a living? Insurance.... everyone's favourite haha
3. What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session? I was looking at boudoir photos online & wanted to see if there was someone local that did them. Plus it was bonus I could use it as a Christmas present :)
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? I was really nervous about finding the right photographer. I knew I wanted to feel comfortable enough; not only to bare it all in front of someone else but also to be able to speak up if there was ever a moment I wasn't feeling comfortable with.
5. Why did you choose me? I choose Katie cause she was local, she was female and I love a lot of the work she already had posted on instagram. The definite moment for me was definitely after our initial phone conversation.
6. Where did you find me? I found Katie by searching Edmonton boudoir on Instagram :)
7. How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)? I've never done a boudoir shoot previously so I didn't really know what to expect. In all honesty, the session was so much more than I could have imagined. Katie literally took care of everything and walked my through the entire experience step by step. She consistently checked in to make sure I was always comfortable and was the sweetest cheerleader along the way. I also loved being able to look at the photos during the session and see how the different outfits and positions looked.
8. What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (makeover, the shoot, seeing images, etc). The entire experience haha. I walked in and got champagne, had my hair and make up done by a super wonderful and friendly lady (Edit to add: Kaitlin with Upstairs Glamour), I had Katie pick out outfits for me, I drank, we talked, we loved each other. I really cant pick a favourite part because from start to end it's just been like spending time with close friends/ sisters and I'm just overly grateful that I decided to do this.
9. What is your advice for women interested in such a session? DO IT! I am SO happy about it and have ZERO regrets.
10. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session? Yeah. I think everyone has 'good' and 'bad' days about how they feel they look and this is just a little reminder to myself that I can look at my own beauty even on the 'bad' days. It's impacted my own self love.
11. Is there anything else I could do to make this experience absolutely perfect?
No. You go above and beyond to accommodate the client and I honestly just hope your business grows to be as big and beautiful as your personality.
12. Do you have a story about body image, your boudoir experience, body positivity etc. you would like to share? I love sharing stories from my clients and welcome anything you have to say!
I have a chronic disease (Crohn's) so my weight and health is always fluctuating. I think over the years it's really impacted the way I see myself and my perspective of my own beauty. I consistently work on building the women in my own life up but just like every other woman I never really worked on myself. I originally decided to do this as a gift for my partner but now that it's all done, I personal feel that this is the best gift I could have given myself and I could not be more thankful for the entire experience. Thank you so SO much Katie xo.