But all obstacles can be overcome... Miss S's Client Interview | Edmonton Boudoir Photography
1. How old are you... (or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
Celebrated turning 26 for this shoot
2. What do you do for a living?
I’m a supervisor that makes sure people get their caffeine kick at Starbucks
3. What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
I actually decided to do this for myself. I wanted to give myself a birthday present I knew I deserved but never thought of doing.
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
Every possible one you could think of. From thinking I wasn’t the ideal body type to thinking I had no sexy lingerie or outfits. But all obstacles can be overcome.
5. Why did you choose me?
Because you’re absolutely amazing, duh. There wasn’t a doubt after looking at your portfolio that I wanted to have this experience. You’re not only a photographer, you’re an empowerment to women and an artist in your work. I’d be stupid if I didn’t, honestly.
6. Where did you find me?
I’m not entirely sure how I stumbled onto your page, but it was first on Instagram and I’ve been grateful I’ve found you ever since!
7. How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
This was before the session itself so I’m not sure if it counts, but surprising me with cupcakes and balloons for my birthday was probably the sweetest detail to make me feel that much more special and worth it.
8. What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (makeover, the shoot, seeing images, etc)
Hands down the reveal. My mind was blown away when you first showed me my images, I couldn’t help but cry. To believe it was ME with that body in those images, ME who was doing that sexy pose, ME rocking a full face of makeup, was overwhelming but worth every bit of work put into it. Every time I look at them I’m in shock that it’s me.
9. What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
Oh man. If you do a session with Katie, this will be one thing you will never regret doing for yourself ever in your life. To be able to realize you are worth this kind of sexy and confidence is powerful and the moment you see your images proves just that.
Also, when she says stretch.. DO IT. You’ll thank yourself later.
10. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
Absolutely. Since everyone sees themselves in a certain way, criticizes themselves in a certain way, it usually leads to self-inflicted negativity towards our own body. I had to have Katie show me how to look at myself in a different way that I wasn’t used to, but in doing that, I learned to love myself in more ways than I ever thought possible.
11. Is there anything else I could do to make this experience absolutely perfect?
You're damn right there is... another session .
Thank you so much for this experience Katie. I love that you do what you do and you inspire and make so many beautiful women feel so amazing. You’re so fucking good at it too, I cannot wait for next years shoot!