Client Interview - Miss C
1. What do you do for a living? Chef
2. What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session? Positive experience in the past, had a gift certificate
3. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? No
4. Why did you choose me? Gift certificate, and the body of work online was great
5. How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)? The session was essentially exactly as I expected which was a pleasant relief!
6. What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (makeover, the shoot, seeing images, etc) The shoot itself!
7. What is your advice for women interested in such a session? JUST DO IT. There isn't a single woman out there that will not have a beautiful set of images when it is all done and it is extremely empowering. Katie is very comforting and helpful and knowledgeable about how to get the most out of the shots. It's something beautiful you'll have for the rest of your life even if it is something you just do for yourself. It is rewarding and confidence-boosting.
8. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session? I wish I could say yes to this answer but I came in with a high level of self-esteem and I left the same. Although I did feel a little bit more badass. I knew that the photos would be so much different than I see myself on a regular basis so it took a pep talk before the reveal to understand that I will have to look at it from a different perspective. Which I did and it made the experience more successful.
9. Do you have a story about body image, your boudoir experience, body positivity etc. you would like to share? It's not really a story of struggle but, I've spent all of my adult life trying to convince every one in my life of their own beauty. I've never been a small person but I've always thought I was beautiful. That thought itself has gotten me through a lot of tough times, whether it be with bullying or rejection or just daily struggles. When women have self-esteem issues it truly breaks my heart. And if there's one thing I can say about this experience is that if you have body issues put them aside and take a chance; there is nothing scary about it. Katie is the most understanding and non-judgemental person to help you through this experience it may even change the way you go about your life with your head high and your shoulders back and just believing in yourself a little bit more.