Client Interview - Miss K
1. How old are you... (or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)? Im 30 years old
2. What do you do for a living? Dental assistant
3. What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session? I’ve always wanted to do one for myself. I’ve had a rough year battling illness and have started taking really good care of myself and thought I would take the plunge and just do it! I also knew my boyfriend would love to see the pictures :)
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? I was worried I would hate how I looked in the photos. And while I didn’t love my body/face in all of them, Katie definitely was able to take some amazing photos where I actually looked at them and thought “Damn, I look hot!”.
5. Why did you choose me? I chose Katie because she seemed like the most realistic boudoir photographer out there. I googled boudoir and found her, and loved her bio and the photos on her website.
6. How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)? It was way less formal then I thought it would be. I like that Katie doesn’t have just a select series of photos she likes to take - we had really good lighting at first so she worked with that and then just kind of decided on her shots as we went around. It wasn’t scripted.
7. What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (makeover, the shoot, seeing images, etc) Hmm favourite part was probably the shoot itself! It’s fun to feel like a model for an hour!
8. What is your advice for women interested in such a session? DO IT! You may not love all of the shots of yourself but you will definitely find some that you feel you look stunning in.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session? Yes! I’ve always hated photos of myself and these photos made me feel like a million bucks.